<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, February 06, 2011

Bowled Over

Did you know that the Super Bowl was today? Apparently this is a sporting event of some interest. I am not 100% sure that I even fully understand the rules of football, but I am a fan of eating dishes based on complex carbohydrates and drinking before it's even dark out, so I am generally in favor of the Super Bowl. This year I took in only the first half of the big event, though, because I had a lot of work to do, and I understand that bringing a laptop to your friends' viewing party is generally frowned on.

I did get to see the halftime show, which was amazing for a variety of reasons. First, Former Roommate Liz was apparently unaware that Fergie had once peed herself on stage during a concert, and I got to tell her about it and even enjoy her googling it. Second, Usher didn't even really try to appear credible when lip syncing. Third, Slash came out of a hole in the stage for his guitar solo and made it look as though he'd been living in that hole for days. Finally, that was when the pizza got there, and it was delicious.

My understanding is that the Packers won, and I for one think it's great. They are both my dad's team and my dog's team and they also have the benefit of not supporting sexual assault. Now on to more important things, like this Disney Channel promo with a child rapping about Black History Month.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?