<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Obligatory Blizzard-Related Post

I have to admit that I'm not exactly fascinated by severe weather, but I am fascinated by how everyone else seems to be fascinated by it. I have seen more Facebook posts about this blizzard than about Sarah Palin and that $20 Amazon gift card for $10 put together. And so many photographs of snow piles! It makes me feel like I'm Facebook friends with Ansel Adams.

My office was closed today, which meant that I got to work from home and in sweatpants, much to my delight. Less delightful was the need to shovel out about two feet of snow to remove the ski jump covering the entirety of my front steps. And then there is the prospect of being largely housebound for the next few days since my car is firmly embedded in a snowdrift and my alley remains wholly unplowed. Sigh.

I did see on the news that some people were trapped on a bus with strangers for several hours last night, which sounds like my idea of hell. I mean, hopefully you would at least have a book, but there's no avoiding the fact that people would try to make small talk. And then at some point the power would probably go out and people would want to huddle together for warmth. Spring can't come soon enough...

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?