<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Oscar Predictions 2011, Part II

I don't even really remember where I left off. Did I do best visual effects yet? My money's on Rabbit Hole, for making Nicole Kidman's face look like it moves.

Turning to best supporting actor, I think it's pretty clear it's going to be Christian Bale. The only real question is how ridiculous and rambling his speech is going to be. And whether he's going to be awkwardly confronted by the real-life person he played again. It's like Claire Danes and Temple Grandin -- at first she was all warm and congratulatory towards her, but eventually she's going to get a restraining order.

Best supporting actress, I think it could be that kid from True Grit, because they always love to give Oscars to kids, because they've really earned it through all their years of hard work in the industry. And that way they can go ahead and develop crippling cocaine addictions right away.

Best adapted screenplay will be The Social Network, because they're going to rob it of everything else, and they still have a boner for Aaron Sorkin, apparently having been out of the country for the year that Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip was on television.

Best original screenplay I'm not really sure about. What's even in this category? Let's just go ahead and give it to The King's Speech.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?