<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, March 08, 2011

The Eyes Have It

Somehow I tore my right contact this morning. I did not realize this until a few hours into my work day, when I began to suspect that the searing pain in my right eye was not from accidentally viewing part of The Princess Protection Program last night. Since I am an idiot, I don't have a backup pair in my office, so I hit on the brilliant plan to just see out of my left eye all day. About three hours and a searing headache later, I tried to switch to my backup pair of glasses, only to realize that 1) the right lens was falling out of them and 2) the only contact solution I had in the office was the kind to which I am profoundly allergic. So I kept going with the whole winking right eye thing, which seemed to be especially popular in the locker room at my gym. Around six, both eyes began to water uncontrollably. So I just threw out the left contact, too, and walked around blindly until I could get home. My sister picked me up from work, but I almost got into someone else's car. It turns out there are a lot of blue blurs stopping in our arrival court most evenings.

I'm safely back in my first tier glasses now, thank you very much. And no, I do not have pinkeye, lady staring at me in the Walgreen's.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?