<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, March 06, 2011

Hoarders

I'm thinking about having a garage sale. Well, not an actual garage sale, because I don't have a garage, but I don't really have a yard either, so maybe I should just call it a sale. Also I don't think I'm really going to do it, because that would require an investment of time and energy I frankly don't make in anything not on basic cable, but my point is that I have a lot of crap that I should get out of my house.

On my bookshelf, I have a copy of Learning to Use the Internet: An Introduction with Examples and Exercises. I have tried to give this away as a "door prize" at no fewer than three parties, but have been thwarted every time. I also have a book devoted to The Real World: Las Vegas, which I did not watch. I have three copies of my law review article from 2003. And a single copy of Remembrance of Things Past, which is one copy too many in my view.

In my CD rack -- well, first let's talk about the fact that I still have a CD rack -- I have a copy of the single "Soldier" by Destiny's Child that I won at Dave & Busters and have never unwrapped. I have a Hootie & the Blowfish album that someone bought me as a joke when I was in law school. I have Billy Joel's River of Dreams which I bought at the Brown Elephant for fifty cents. I also have several boxes of cassette tapes, which are really too sad to even mention. Some of them have covers I drew myself when I was in middle school.

Oh, and I have a copy of Windows 95 sitting in the corner. Just watch, it's going to come in handy some day.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?