<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Tripping

I'm back in the US! Well, I have been for a few days. But they've been busy, so I haven't been blogging. Also I've been jet lagged, leading to an odd habit of falling asleep in the middle of sentences. It's all very charming, I assure you.

Anyway, it was a good trip. The vast majority of it was work, but at least the work was in a conference room that looked directly out on the lake. That makes three hole punching so much more enjoyable. And they brought tiny sandwiches for lunch every day at 12:30. The sandwiches here are just so, I don't know, regular sized.

I also got to fly business class, which was nice, aside from not really ever knowing what the hell to do with the hot towel. Since the seat reclined all the way, I was able to get some sleep on the way out there, at least when the flight attendants weren't clanging plates and silverware together in the galley. And on the way back I watched The King's Speech on my little entertainment center while doing some work. It had to be the most okay movie I've seen all year.

The only really tragic part was the layover at Dulles on the way back. In addition to going through customs, you have to for some reason uncheck your luggage and recheck it not thirty yards away. And then you have to go through security again. And it's like 90 degrees in that room. I think I lost ten pounds. Okay, I need to sleep again. More details to come.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?