<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Agony/Ecstasy

So I went back to trivia last night and we won first prize. And not just because only three teams showed up like the last time we won; there were easily fifteen to twenty teams there. Also not because the categories were super easy; there were honest to god sports questions on there. Actually, I'm not really sure how we ended up winning. Part of it was being really good at recognizing song lyrics, which I've always thought should somehow be a marketable skill. In the end, though, it all came down to knowing that the California condor is the largest flighted bird in the United States. Which I'm pretty sure I learned in fifth grade. Thanks, Quincy Public Schools. I owe you a $100 gift certificate to a douchebag bar.

After the high of last night's victory, though, there has been pain. For instance, Top Model was a clip show tonight. And the seat belt wouldn't work in the cab on the way home, so instead I just had to pray that there we wouldn't get into a horrific wreck on Lakeshore. Thankfully, the cab driver provided some truly generic Christian music to help me on my way. Oh, and the weather has been shitty for like a week and a half now and my natural light lamp is broken. Or the battery is dead; I'm way too lazy to find out.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?