<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Cross Country

I'm back at my parents' house in Quincy for the Easter weekend. It's fairly uneventful. My parents have DirectTV now which vexes me greatly because there's like ten million channels and I can't tell which ones they get and which ones they don't and I can't find Oxygen anywhere. Also they have like five remotes (which I know is true of like 95% of American households) and I can't figure out which one does what. I tried to turn up the volume on the TV and I ended up opening the garage door. Anyway, now it's securely lodged on The Cosby Show due to my sister's intervention. She just can't get enough of early Rudy.

We had lunch with my 99-year-old grandmother today and I showed her my Geneva pictures on my laptop. It turns out that the outlets in her house are so old that they don't even accept three-prong plugs. It also turns out that my laptop is so crappy it only lasts on battery for about twenty minutes. So it was a race against time to go through the pictures, especially since each one oddly enough brought to mind stories for my grandmother, who has of course never been to any of the places pictured in the photos.

The drive back last night was kind of a nightmare. There were really strong storms for about half an hour which led us to scan the horizons worriedly for secret tornadoes, though none were forthcoming. This also led us to pull over at a truck stop for a little while, where my sister was sexually harassed no fewer than six times. And due to Good Friday, I couldn't even indulge in some beef jerky for quick energy. The good news is that now I feel like I truly understand the sufferings of Christ.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?