<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, April 10, 2011

On a Roll

I went to the roller derby last night. It was all right. There was no blood or anything. Nobody even seemed to get injured, really. There were some fun body slams, though. And they did that whip maneuver from the Drew Barrymore movie I've watched fifteen non-consecutive minutes of on HBO. I don't know, I guess I was expecting it to be a lot more intense. There were lots of breaks in the action, including a halftime show with a ridiculously low-key juggler and some balloon-related games for children, which I feared would result in suffocation. Oh, and there were mascots, some of whom I could not discern as mascots until it was announced that they were such.

The derby names varied in quality as well. For every Beth Amphetamine there was a Bork Bork Bork, which I frankly don't even understand what it means, unless it's a reference to the controversial confirmation hearings for Supreme Court nominee Robert Bork. I have to give some credit to T.S. Helliot for the literary aspirations, though.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?