<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Another Weekend Gone...

Busy, busy weekend here. On Friday I went to the Joffrey, which is very much unlike me. Typically Fridays consist of getting into sweatpants and falling asleep to a Netflix in this day and age. But I stayed awake for two plus hours of ballet, and not just because I was hepped up on sugar from my stop at Dairy Queen beforehand. It was actually quite enjoyable -- a lot of the music was by Rachmaninov and Ravel, and the dance was very athletic and exciting for the most part, although there was perhaps a bit more pas de deuxing than I prefer. There was also a hilarious introductory video where the choreographers discussed their work, which sometimes included random references to Starbucks and Billy Elliot. Good times all around.

Yesterday I had my fitness classes, which I no longer find entirely debilitating physically, and a wedding, which was an enjoyable affair. There ceremony was short and meaningful (no Corinthians or communion) and they served the dinner family style, which meant I got to gorge myself on beef, chicken, AND pasta. I didn't know a ton of people there, but that really just left me room to make friends by drinking, which is something I am good at and don't do nearly enough any more. Plus there was a free breakfast buffet at the hotel; free waffles really can't be beat.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?