<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Baller

I've actually been watching some of the NBA playoffs this year, primarily because for the first time in a long time they have true heroes and villains for me. I mean, sure, I always enjoyed announcing how Kobe leads the league in alleged rapes, but I couldn't fully hate the Lakers with the passion I can apply to the Heat. Kobe never had an ESPN special to announce his decision about who to allegedly rape. And he never looked quite as much like a test tube baby. On the other hand, I have a certain amount of affection for the Bulls, who have managed to truly not suck for the first time in a long time in Chicago basketball. Plus they have that big goofy white guy from like Latvia or somewhere, which makes the experience cultural. Not to mention Benny the Bull, who is sort of the Pacino of NBA mascots. Good on you, Chicago Bulls.

There have been a lot of close calls, though, which is sort of tough for me. I'm not a big fan of suspense or surprises. I actually enjoy watching the Olympics on a tape delay so I already know the outcomes and I don't have to worry about something bad happening. In fact, I just flipped over to the Disney Channel for five minutes in the hope that things would be going better when I returned. They were not.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?