<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Happenings

I saw Bridesmaids on Friday. I thought it was pretty good. I don't really watch Saturday Night Live any more, so I don't have much idea of what Kristen Wiig does there, but I have enjoyed her a lot in movies that I otherwise didn't think were too terribly much worth watching. (I'm looking at you, Whip It, although I do have you to thank for my heroic ability to tolerate roller derby.) This was a good part for her. Maya Rudolph was fine, too, although from some angles I find her to be truly ungainly. The movie also featured Erin from The Office, that blond woman I can't really place, and the fat lady from that CBS sitcom I don't watch (which doesn't really narrow it down much), all of whom were entertaining. Oh, and John Hamm. I generally have some degree of goodwill for John Hamm.

Yesterday I had my fitness classes, followed by work and some dinner guests. Of course I did none of the work for preparing for the dinner guests, which is frankly how I prefer it. I did a lot of the work of eating dinner, though, which should not be overlooked. I am the hardest working man in the dining business.

Today, then, was my annual yard work day. As always, it began with a trip to Home Depot, where I had to precariously guide a pallet loaded with fifteen bags of wood chips through a garden center packed from wall to wall with cranky middle class white people. Then there was the ceremonial removal of last year's dead shrubs, with the attendant guilt and dumpster tossing. Then I spread the wood chips around my tiny front yard using only my foot as a tool and hoping not to encounter any worms. The one difference this year was that I have given up on shrubs entirely. I've just been hurt too many times.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?