<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, June 02, 2011

Business Traveler

So my work trip to Indianapolis primarily served to remind me that all those work trips to New York really weren't so bad after all. The plane to Indy is teeny -- only three seats across -- and someone whacked me in the head with the overhead bin door while I was walking to my seat. I had to gate check my carry on because the bins were so small, and we didn't even get a drink because the flight was so short. I was really counting on that caffeine since I got up at 5 AM, too.

I saw nothing of Indianapolis except the conference rooms where my work was and the nearby McDonald's where we made up for the caffeine deficit upon arrival. Frequent readers will know, however, that I have been before, and thus already have sufficient familiarity with the lovely canals and chain restaurants.

The airport dining is definitely a point in Indianapolis' favor, though. Lots of decent spots past security, unlike LaGuardia, where you're essentially limited to the Auntie Anne's Pretzels and the newsstand. And there was a candy by the pound store right by my gate! I remain richly blessed with a bag of Mike & Ikes and melted chocolate to this day.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?