<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, June 24, 2011

Cold & Calculated

I have recently rediscovered the joys of the TI-73. I've been doing a lot of calculating for work lately and I finally got tired of using the mouse to click each number in to the tiny calculator that microsoft provides. I actually requisitioned a calculator from my office (I had to fill out a form and everything), but when it arrived it only went up to eight digits. That's not going to do it for my clients! So I brought in the good old TI-73 from home, and it's super fun! It doesn't take me three hours to type in a single digit, plus I can see the whole sequence of numbers I'm adding on the screen to double check for mistakes without having to do everything twice. I actually have the ability to square things. And the graphs, oh my good lord the graphs! I worry that I am actually beginning to become sexually aroused.

The bad news, though, is that the batteries are almost dead, a fact of which it advises me every time I turn it on. Amazing how that can happen after a mere five years in a drawer. I blame the Chinese, obviously.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?