<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Higher Office

I have been appointed the treasurer of my condo association. Isn't that what every young person dreams of? All those years of struggling and striving, wearing your fingers down to a nub doing calculations on your TI-73, developing an eating disorder just for the hell of it, and finally you really arrive, as the third in command of a do-nothing organization with income of less than $500 a month, a quarter of which comes from you personally. I have a checkbook and a debit card and everything, and I am even authorized to use them in the event of a water or power bill. I'm trying not to become too drunk with power, but come on, I have an accordion file with last year's insurance invoice in it. How sexy is that?

This is actually a big step up from my last post as secretary, if only because I won't have to take notes of the meetings we have about once every five years. My hand does cramp up something fierce. And maybe I can throw out those binders they gave me when I became secretary that I never opened. Freeing up some additional storage space in the kitchen pantry would definitely make my whole life worthwhile.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?