<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Insert Title Here

I saw Super 8 tonight. I thought I should have some hilarious jokey title for this like "Super Great" or "8 is Enough" or "I Stayed at a Super 8 Motel Once and Found a Condom in the Shower," but I just couldn't do it. Sorry, I'm sure I'll be back to punning in no time.

Anyway, it was pretty good. It was not at all what I expected, frankly. I thought it would be one of those creature movies where there's like heads exploding and guts everywhere and all sorts of startling jump cuts, but it turned out to have all kinds of feelings and soaring soundtrack and stuff. As it turned out, the REAL monster was parental abandonment.

As for the other monster, it was sort of lame, but that's kind of what I expect from these things at this point. It kind of looked like a big spider with Brad Pitt's eyes. It didn't really do too terribly much disembowling, either. And it was magnetic for some reason or other?

As for the OTHER other monster, it's name is Elle Fanning, and I'm pretty sure it lives under the sea.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?