<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Once in a Lifetime

I have recently become rather enamored of the Lifetime Movie Network. Perhaps I should be ashamed of this, but I honestly feel like it says more about the sad state of summer television than about my taste as an individual. There's just nothing else to watch!

Not that I need anything else, of course. There are plenty of cheating husbands, psychotic homewreckers, and tragic accidents to entertain for weeks over on LMN. And the titles, oh, the titles! They've never met a cliche they didn't love. Right now I'm watching part of the "Affairs of the Heart" series entitled "Stranger in my Bed." It's about a woman who has changed her identity to avoid her abusive ex husband. And apparently to get a horrible weave, as well. It's a two-part plan.

There are lots of great second acts in American acting lives on LMN as well. Sure, everyone knows about how Connie Selleca and Tori Spelling made it big on Lifetime, but what about Tiffany Thiessen, Dana Delaney, Sharon Lawrence, and Kelly Preston? Those are just the huge star shining brightly IN THE NEXT WEEK on LMN.

I feel like I've already said too much about this, but come on. Someone has to advocate for Great Art in America.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?