<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, June 17, 2011

Real

I saw my first ever episode of Real Housewives of New York tonight. Or rather, my first ever three quarters of an episode. It left me rather confused, I fear. I mean, I know it's a reality show and therefore by definition fake, but this one seems faker than most, sort of like everyone realizes they're supposed to be fake. Maybe it's the fact that most of their facial features are fake, I don't know. But seriously, these women are not good at portraying human beings.

Also, why are there so many of them? I find it very hard to keep track. Especially since they all have the same plastic-surgery-induced catlike smile. Although some of them definitely have better surgeons than others. The key is in the facial mobility, as in it is good to have some of it.

There was a lot of passive aggression. Not yelling so much as people just sort of casually sniping at one another. It was sort of like if that one scene from the Hills where LC and Heidi first saw each other after the sex tape rumor lasted for a full hour. You may not understand what in the world these people are fighting about, but you can certainly tell they genuinely don't like each other. I did like the part where they made fun of each other's clothes, though.

I think I need something with fewer layers of meaning, like Top Model or Balzac.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?