<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Baller

I went to my one and only Cubs game of the year last night. Typically these days I just experience the Cubs games as reasons there is no parking on my block and no grass on my front yard, but I got invited to a skybox, so I made an exception. It doesn't much matter if the team is not very good when you are eating free hot dogs and drinking quality light beer like there is no tomorrow. And by the time the game gets really boring, they come by with the desert cart. It would have been the perfect evening, if only I'd been able to get an ANTM marathon on the skybox TV!

Of course, I can't stand crowds, so that puts me at a bit of a disadvantage. I almost had to curl into the fetal position and breathe into a paper bag on the way up to the skybox. Between the Captain Morgan Club and all the twenty year olds in pink Cub shirts, I very nearly lost it. But I managed to ground myself in the pure fun of watching tourists attempt to mask their fear of panhandlers and black people and it all turned out all right.

The Cubs even won this one, or so I'm told. I sort of lost the plot strand somewhere around the seventh inning.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?