<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Disasters

As I'm sure you've heard, there was a terrible tragedy this weekend. I'm speaking, of course, of Chicago residents being deprived of cable and internet service for nearly ten hours. I mean, what am I supposed to do with myself if I can't get caught up on my Dance Moms? And how am I going to figure out what projects the girl who played Paige on Degrassi has coming up if I don't have internet? And of course this has to happen when I'm waiting for the next Hunger Games book to arrive. So I ended up playing minesweeper for a while and then going down to the Banana Republic to buy some khakis. That just might be the whitest sentence I've ever written.

I'm also suffering from a sports injury sustained when I attempted to do a n abdominal plank on top of one of those fitness balls and instead slipped in my own sweat and went crashing to the floor in the middle of fitness class. It's when you end up flat on your back in a room full of people that you know things are really going well.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?