<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Home Alone

My prediction came true and I have been rather miserably ill over the past couple of days. It feels like Kelly Clarkson has been sitting on my chest and I have lost my voice, which is arguably charming as a plot device in a terrible Diane Keaton movie, but rather an inconvenience in real life. I have thankfully been able to stay home from work, but it feels a bit odd to send an out of office message that says I will not be answering my cell phone because I am physically incapable of it. I have definitely overcompensated for it, however, by being insanely responsive and positive over email. My coworkers likely now believe that my chest cold has rendered me mentally ill.

In case you needed further convincing of how bad this has been, I actually roused myself to go to the CVS clinic yesterday and seek help. (This was my former secretary's suggestion, which should have set off alarm bells for me, but in my DayQuil addled state did not.) It definitely got high marks for convenience, because I was able to get in and out in about 45 minutes. I also liked the fact that I could buy more drugs as part of the transaction without having to make another stop, and even more so when the automatic checkout announced that I had "products that required age verification," at which point the clerk explained "these kids gettin' high offa that cough syrup." But I was dismayed that my NP seemed a bit shy of prescribing the hard stuff, such that I only went home with over the counters. I mean, humor me with some mild antibiotics here, will you?

But I am feeling somewhat better this evening and hope (yes, that's actually true) to return to work tomorrow. It turns out that daytime TV has really suffered since I was home regularly during the day back during law school.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?