<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, August 09, 2011

What the Beep?!

There's an interesting psychological experiment going on in my condo building right now. My neighbors on the fourth floor have moved out, but the new people aren't moving in for a while. And for some reason the alarm system up there has been emitting a steady beep for the past few days. It is very annoying, yet no one in my building has done anything to try to stop it. No one has called the alarm company that we all share, or emailed the former resident whose address we all have, or even for that matter emailed any other resident to discuss the issue. We're all waiting it out, to see who breaks first and actually does something. And for once, I have decided that it will not be me.

I was the one who broke first on fixing the front yard, on changing the light bulbs in the common areas, and on fixing the timer for the lights. I also blinked on fixing the front intercom and serving as the new treasurer. Oh, and I agreed to spend a grand on resealing the roof deck without even putting up a struggle. So I'm not letting this one go, I'm really not.

Besides, there's a whole floor between me and the beep. Third floor guy is bound to lose it before I do.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?