<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, September 03, 2011

In Sickness and In Health

Thanks to the fine folks at CVS, I believe I have largely recovered from my recent bout with something awful in my chest. (Now I know how Tara Reid must have felt for all those years.) I may not enjoy their bizarrely low shelving units or their nappy carpeting, but I have to give mad props to their staff of sardonic nurse practitioners. I made a triumphant return to my workplace on Thursday, only to be viewed suspiciously by my coworkers even as I vigorously disinfected my hands repeatedly for their benefit. Hopefully the holiday weekend will give everyone time to get used to the idea that I am not a leper; those open sores on my face are just the product of my messy breakup with Proactiv.

So now I am sitting in my parents' living room and enjoying a very quiet weekend. Well, not literally quiet, as my sister was just gifted GPS for her birthday (at her request), and she has spent the last twenty minutes trying to "stump it" by requesting that it locate various obscure restaurants. It appears the GPS has won this round, however.

Actually, every member of my family is on at least one electronic device at present. In addition to my sister's love affair with finding Taco Bells statewide, we have my father pretending to do work but actually playing Angry Birds on his iPod touch and my mother and I on our laptops. God bless the 21st century and the ease with which it allows us to wholly avoid human interaction.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?