<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanks

I'm kind of a fan of Thanksgiving. This should probably not be a surprise to anyone, given my well-known affection for days off and binge eating. If it were fiscally possible for me to quit my job and move into a Chili's, I would certainly do so without hesitation. But man does not live by Southwestern Egg Rolls alone.

Anyway, we started the day off with the Macy's parade, which I always love for its utterly random combinations of celebrities. There is truly nothing like seeing Ozzy Osbourne and the cast of Glee on the Campbell's Chicken Noodle Float singing a Rosemary Clooney Christmas classic. And it's even better when buttressed on both sides by interviews with the stars of "hit" NBC shows. How better to kick off the holidays than with that guy who used to be on Road Rules and now "stars" on Grimm?

As usual, our holiday feast was at a local buffet restaurant, which afforded me the opportunity to load up on empty carbs and my 100-year-old grandmother the opportunity to complain about the ambient noise. In a show of my extreme dedication to my personal health, I agreed to split a dessert with my sister.

Now we're doing a puzzle and watching Elf on cable. If the day's cholesterol count doesn't kill me, the excitement might.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?