<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, December 06, 2011

Bank Failure

So this morning I managed to wipe out spectacularly on the way back to my office from the bank. I really have no idea how this one happened. I was coming down a short flight of stairs right off of Clark street and I suddenly found my face headed towards the ground at an alarming rate. I grabbed the handrail and tried to steady myself, but that really only resulted in an odd twisting motion that left me crumpled up in a semi-fetal position against the curb. Of course, strangers ran over to help me, which only made me feel more like a 85-year-old invalid. It's so helpful when people point out to you that you've had a bad fall, because otherwise you might not even notice.

I do sort of wish I'd been able to see myself do it, though. It had to have been pretty spectacular. My only real regret is that I wasn't carrying a sheaf of papers or something, so that it could be scattered willy nilly in the wind. Oh, and that it happened to me and not some wealthy dowager. Those crusty old gals really have it coming.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?