<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, December 29, 2011


Throwing a Fit

So we got the Wii Fit for Christmas and it apparently hates us. The first thing it did was tell everyone how fat they were. Seriously, I'm 6'1" and it wants me to weigh 165 pounds. I would look like Karen Carpenter. Then it made me do a bunch of balance tests that I didn't understand the instructions for and therefore bombed and then, based on those, told me that my Wii Fit age is 50. Oh, and it made my avatar chunky. It should probably keep in mind that even fat people can throw small machines in the dumpster.

The games are fairly enjoyable, though. There's one where you throw snowballs at all your friends, which is immensely satisfying. I also like the ski jump because it makes me feel intensely athletic for doing almost nothing at all. Oh, and there's a weird Japanese step game where there's an audience of people allegedly watching you and your 20 closest friends step up and down and clap your hands in rhythm. Seriously, the crowd goes wild. I'm just going to assume it's cultural.

I need to get back to the real gym, though, unfortunately. I've missed several days over the past two weeks and two kickboxing classes in a row. If I'm not careful, I'll actually look like my avatar, which in turn sort of looks like the kid from Two and a Half Men. Sad.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?