<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, January 01, 2012

2011: The Year That Was

Another year has come and gone. Are large parts of it sort of fuzzy memories for you? Perhaps I can help with this list of 2011's highlights and lowlights, as determined by an entirely scientific survey of me:

Highlight: The Lifetime Movie Network. It's just nice to know that Rebecca Romijn and Nicole Eggert have somewhere to go to keep them off the streets. And the production values! There's no reason the set from your high school production of that Neil Simon play should go to waste.

Lowlight: Transformers 3. What was once entertainingly nonsensical has now just become boring. And who would have thought that Megan Fox's acting would end up seeming understated by comparison?

Highlight: The CVS clinic on Southport. It's near my house and I was able to just walk in and confirm I did not have the plague within an hour. Which left much more time for lying helpless in my bed and praying for the sweet release of death.

Lowlight: Netflix pausing to load content like six times in the middle of Insidious. Watching Barbara Hershey in freeze frame for five minutes is not the sort of suspense I had in mind.

Highlight: The box of Bottlecaps I bought at the Wal-Mart in Quincy. I'd forgotten about Bottlecaps, honestly, but they're amazing. There's like six flavors, some of which I cannot tell apart. I need to find a dealer in Chicago.

Lowlight: The forty-five minute flight to Indianapolis in a plane so tiny I can barely fit my magazine into the space between me and the seat in front of me. Although the food court at the Indy airport is comparatively glamorous.

Highlight: The Arab Spring. At first I had this confused with Spring Awakening, but then I noticed the lack of sexy teens. But anyway, I am all for democracy until it results in the election of someone unpalatable to the US.

Lowlight: The endless Republican debates. Seriously, it's been going on longer than Kate Winslet's Oscar campaign. And with a similar degree of desperation. Although I do think Rick Santorum would have been great in The Holiday.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?