<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Help Wanted

I watched The Help on demand tonight. The choices I was presented with were Friends With Benefits, Beastly, and The Help, so I think I chose wisely. I'm pretty sure that watching Beastly can give you hives.

Anyway, I learned a lot about the horrors of racism by watching this movie. For instance, I had not previously understood how much white chicks with bad hair and glasses suffered during the civil rights movement. The plucky maids definitely seemed to feel their pain.

The other thing you definitely need to know about The Help is that Bryce Dallas Howard plays like the most awful human being ever. Or maybe she's not acting, I don't know. But there's a lot of hair tossing and nostril flaring involved.

Viola Davis is pretty great. I'm not saying that just about this movie, I'm saying it in general. She was super solid in Doubt, too. I do continually find myself wishing that she would actually play the viola, however. How fantastic would that be?

But overall, I guess I'm just super glad that we've finally got this whole racism thing beat. Mad props to us.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?