<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, February 08, 2012

Hair Affair

Well, it's happened. I've become a person who travels half an hour out of his way just to get a haircut he likes. And by train, no less. During rush hour. I don't even know who I am any more. I used to go to the Great Clips next to the Dominick's and the Armed Forces Recruiting Center, for heaven's sake. But, well, the lady is really cool and she always has great ideas for my hair and today she even trimmed one of my eyebrow hairs without provocation. Oh, and she loves dogs, like Diane Lane in Must Love Dogs. So yeah, she's pretty great.

To be fair, she worked about three blocks from my house when I started going to her. She just changed salons last month and apparently decided she also needed a new zip code. I thought about just transitioning to a new person at the old place but, well, I didn't want to break in someone new on the small talk. (At Great Clips a lot of them didn't speak English very well, so I could just sit there silently. And sometimes they gave scalp massages.) Thirty minutes is a long time to fill when it's just the weather and everyone's health all the time.

So I found myself on the Blue Line after work today. And it smelled like poop. So strongly that lots of people were covering their noses with their scarves or jacket collars. Another glamorous day in the big city.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?