<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, February 27, 2012

Oscars Wrap Up
So I'll admit that I watched with some friends and we were talking over most of it, but I think I pretty much got the gist of it. Racism is bad, movies are good, and Angelina Jolie's right leg has a mind of its own. Also, Billy Crystal did something horrible to his face and expects us not to notice.

I was sort of surprised by all the love for Hugo. I mean, I know that Scorcese could direct an Arby's commercial and get showered with love for it, but that kid seems so deeply creepy. And Sasha Baron Cohen? Really? If he's going to revive pop culture phenomena from five years ago, why doesn't he just cast Soulja Boy and call it a day?

The presenting was so, so bad as usual. I think the worst was J. Lo and Cameron Diaz, for their unique way of combining woodenness with trying too hard, but there was plenty to go around. Gwyneth Paltrow really looked like she wanted to be somewhere else, even if it had to be a Coldplay concert, and Ben Stiller seemed to be too busy looking frighteningly short next to Emma Stone to even get his lines out. Sad.

I was happy about Meryl, though. Now if she wins one more, the fifth one is free.

And The Artist and I are on good terms. Mainly because of the dog. Although someone told me he has Parkinson's. I'm not making this up. How much does that ruin your day? Glad I could share, of course.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?