<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Passages

Have you ever noticed how sometimes four days go by and you haven't even touched your blog? I'd like to claim it was because I was doing something truly fascinating instead, but mainly I've just been playing with my phone. I did see The Iron Lady, I suppose, which was terrifically depressing. I mean, I wasn't expecting a comic romp in the tradition of The Devil Wears Prada or anything, but mainly it's just a movie about someone suffering from dementia and dying slowly. The acting is crazy good, but at this point Meryl could portray O.J. Simpson and actually find the real killer and still lose the Oscar to Cameron Diaz just because people decide it's really "her year." And it's from the director of Mamma Mia! so you just know it's got to be an insightful thinkpiece about power and mortality. Featuring the songs of Abba!

I guess the Grammys happened, too. I wasn't really sure how to feel about Jennifer Hudson's tribute to Whitney Houston, mainly because it seemed like such an odd spinoff from her Weight Watchers commercial featuring the music of Whitney Houston. Plus I just kept wondering why it couldn't have been Whitney Cummings who died instead.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?