<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, March 11, 2012

So Where Were We?
Days and weeks somehow seem to go by a lot faster these days. And at the same time much, much more slowly. This week in particular has been a haze of briefs and privilege logs and subpar Sarah Michelle Gellar television programs and vodka and late night nachos. Some of that is good, obviously, and some of it not so much. I feel like it's a bad sign that I just turned and saw a commercial for the Atlantis resort and thought, hey, maybe I should go there. I don't generally contemplate escaping to the Bahamas, although maybe I should.

Actually, there's been some talk of a fancy summer vacay in the Dells lately, if you can believe it. I've never been to America's favorite water parks before, but I imagine them as sort of a colder version of the Bahamas. I have several important criteria that would need to be satisfied by this trip, however. I would like to stay at a theme resort, preferably something African or medieval. I want there to be a TGI Friday's nearby and an outlet mall within easy driving distance. There should be go-karting and, if possible, a petting zoo. Also no children. I will likely have to give on this one, but my parents always taught me to dream big.

Anyway, at least that's something to look forward to, even if it's likely to fail in the planning stages, just like previous imagined vacations to Branson, Missouri and Epcot Center. Ah, the tourist traps I have visited in my mind...

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?