<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Sigh

Today is my last day off before I start my new job. It has been so crazy amazing to finally have some time off that I'm really saddened by the thought of being gainfully employed again. I mean, there are so many old episodes of The Real Housewives of New York that need watching. And who's going to compulsively eat the six boxes of Bottlecaps candy I brought back with me from Quincy? So few people are willing to stand up and take personal responsibility for ridiculously wasting time in the way that I am. It's tragic, really.

I have gotten a lot done over my break, though. In addition to taking a trip to Quincy, I have repainted my deck, relandscaped the front yard, put together a new sideboard for my dining room, created a new filing system for the various papers I needlessly hoard, and essentially looted the remains of the World Market that's closing in my neighborhood, obtaining much wine for 40% off. (On a side note, the World Market has giant signs on all of its windows and doors that say "Store Closing Sale." Yet when I was at the checkout, a lady walked up to the checker and asked "Is this store closing?" completely unironically.) And that's not even counting the hundreds of issues I've googled. I am putting out fires all over the place, although clearly not literally.

But anyway, the next chapter starts tomorrow. I'm sure it will be great. It's just that it can't possibly be as great as sitting on my roof in the sun and reading Entertainment Weekly. Even if it is a lame double issue.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?