<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, July 28, 2012

Lord of the Rings
The Olympics are here again and I intend to watch every single minute of them. Seriously, I've been glued to my television all day long (and boy did I get some nasty burns from that hot glue gun), watching archery, women's team volleyball, men's beach volleyball, men's swimming preliminaries, and now men's rowing. I can't pretend that I'm really a habitual devotee of any of these sports, but who among us really does follow lightweight double sculls the way that we should? I do think I'd be amazing at rowing, though; I could be the guy who sits in the back and yells at everybody that they need to row faster.

I had a few people over for the opening ceremonies last night and, as a result, they are a bit of a blur. I know there was something about Mary Poppins and something about Voldemort, or maybe it was Margaret Thatcher. I definitely remember the Queen segment, which makes sense, because obviously that was an important part of British history. Way more than, say World War II or the Norman Conquest. I was disappointed that the rumor that they would be ceremonially beheading Ann Curry during a segment based on the wives of Henry VIII turned out to be false.

They're showing some sort of cycling right now and some guy just totally wiped out while trying to go around a corner. Ah, the beauty of sport!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?