<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Rising, Flailing
I saw The Dark Knight Rises last night. I really enjoyed it, despite the fact that I spent most of it surveying the crowd behind me to make sure no one was up to any funny business. And scanning the emergency exits. I'm sure you can't tell this from my other posts here, but I occasionally have some anxiety issues. I honestly would probably not have gone if we hadn't bought the tickets weeks ago. But fortunately I'm very well practiced at just listening to movies from all the time I've spent working and "watching" Lifetime at the same time, so it was not all that strange to me.

Anyway, I liked it a lot and thought it wrapped up the series nicely. I had a fairly high amount of concern about Anne Hathaway going in, essentially worrying that she might bring the same energy and enthusiasm to the role that she brought to, say, Bride Wars or last year's Oscars, but I ended up enjoying her greatly. (Of course, no one will ever top Halle Berry's miraculously subtle turn as Catwoman, but to be fair, Hathaway was not given a "ferris wheel disaster" scene to play with or a sparring partner on the level of a Benjamin Bratt.) I had been similarly worried about Tom Hardy as Bane, primarily because I could not understand a word he said (sort of like Mariah Carey) in that first preview. But as it turned out, he only lost me one or two times, and that was probably because I was eyeballing someone behind me with a suspicious backpack. I still think he was doing a Sean Connery accent, though.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?