<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, July 22, 2012


True Excitement

This may sound shocking, but I'm beginning to question the intellects of those who respond to surveys by the Family Feud & Friends app. I just had the category "Steven Spielberg movies," to which I answered "Jaws." It had received a total of zero votes. What, were there lots of "The Terminal" and "Amistad" fans in the house? And earlier, I had the category "famous sitcom families." One of the top answers was "the Cosbys," despite the fact that there is in fact no such sitcom family -- they were Huxtables, of course. And don't even get me started on the way they divide up fruits and vegetables! Perhaps the greatest disgrace we've ever faced as a nation.

So obviously it's been a pretty eventful weekend here. Probably the greatest excitement yesterday was discovering that they're carrying my favorite cheese spread again at Jewel. Today I went down to my sister's pool, only to go nowhere near the pool due to the ridiculous amount of cloud cover. Instead we walked around the South Loop and talked until the straps on my flip flops started to hurt my feet. Then I came back here and watch the 30 greatest Olympic moments on NBC, all of which were chosen by NBC. (They graciously allowed the public to vote on the order in which those moments would be presented.) I won't spoil the outcome for you, but as a hint, it involves a tiny girl with a terrible haircut vaulting her way into the hearts of Americans everywhere.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?