<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, August 13, 2012

High and Dry

So the outrage is definitely running on high at my office these days, thanks to that hottest of topics, paper towels. You see, a few weeks ago, one of those super powerful new air driers arrived in our bathroom. It sounds like a jet engine when it turns on and dries your hands in five seconds flat. Of course, I have yet to master the process of locating the sensors for this hand drier, so I spend a lot of my time waving my hands around like an idiot in an attempt to get it to start. And I actually got caught bending over to try and get a glimpse of the sensor the other day, which was sort of embarrassing. Not to mention the fact that I got an eyeful of hot air.

But anyway, I digress. A few days after the drier arrived, the paper towels disappeared. At first, I thought we had just run out; that happens sometimes, too. But then it turned out the paper towels were never coming back. And then the protests began.

It started with sarcastic comments here and there. Then there was a sassy sign that someone put up above the drier, "announcing" that my office would be getting rid of toilet paper, too, and that we should all use the drier in its place. And then there were the guerrilla paper towels -- people kept bringing in kitchen rolls, followed by an actual roll holder for the bathroom wall. That petered out, though. Now there's just a roll of toilet paper sitting on the counter above the sink.

The good news is that I don't actually care about any of this. Yes, I'm lazy, so I'd prefer paper towels, but I'm not about to occupy the plaza over it or anything. Turns out I'm not so much for fighting the power.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?