<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, August 25, 2012

The Substitute

Today we had a substitute teacher for my fitness classes. This ended up being a fascinating psychological study. She was breathtakingly insecure about the whole thing, repeatedly asking us how she was doing and letting us know that she would be staying around afterwards in case we had any comments or feedback we wanted to discuss one on one. She also kept comparing herself to our regular teacher, and not in the most favorable terms. Apparently her side kicks are just crap compared to his and his roundhouses are so amazing it just makes her want to curl up into a little ball and cry. Oh, and she was obsessed with the "turnout" she was getting, as though she was going to be paid by the person. I was somewhat concerned she might just break down and cry.

It was also interesting to note that none of the "regulars" showed up for this class. I didn't realize that people really had loyalty to their fitness instructors, but on the other hand, I also don't go out for drinks with my kickboxing teacher after class or post funny cat pictures on his Facebook wall, so I may just be a special case. I mean, I'm not the one who decided to go to a weekend seminar on aqua zumba in Joliet, though. If anything, he walked out on me.


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?