<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Time to Make the Donuts

This morning I had the pleasure of purchasing donuts from what turns out to be the world's most stressful donut shop. It's a little place down the street from my office where it they make donuts with bacon on them (and one with what appears to be bird seed) and charge $30 for the dozen. The shop is about two feet by four feet and when I got in there there were two employees for about ten customers, all of whom seemed to be purchasing for their extended families of seventeen. It didn't help matters that the employees were passive aggressively barking at one another as they worked.

"Did you say chocolate? I couldn't hear you because your head was down looking into the cash register while you were talking."

"Yes, chocolate. Can you get me some more change? I'm running out of change."

"Didn't Carol bring some by this morning? She was supposed to bring some by. Are we out of the cinnamons?"

"I don't know. Did you ask Ted? I've got like three quarters left here."

"Okay, okay. I'll get you some change, but then I really can't help you any more. I've got to get back to the other room."

"All right, fine. Don't worry about it. I can take care of everything myself. Just get out of here."

And then it was my turn, which makes it no wonder that my mixed dozen consisted of eleven donuts, three of which were pistachio. On the plus side, I'm thinking about filling out an application.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?