<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, September 01, 2012

Casual Corner

So I'm trying just to relax this weekend and it turns out I'm pretty bad at it. I keep trying to make lists of things to do. And on the way down to my parents' on the train last night I read three sets of briefs for upcoming oral arguments. To be fair, that was mainly to distract myself from the homespun wisdom of the two couples loudly comparing notes on day cares and county fairs in the row in front of me, but still, I was doing work on a weekend even though I don't even have the kind of job that requires work on a weekend any more. Although frankly, reading about child murderers and sexually violent persons is truly fun for me. It's kind of like watching Honey Boo Boo, except the subtext has become the text.

Anyway, I'm doing my best to embrace an unscheduled existence, at least for a few days. I resolutely did not go out for a run first thing this morning; instead I just talked to my parents and played on the internet for a while. I'll go running... sometime, I don't know, I'm totally casual about it. And I completely have not allotted out time for playing the piano, going to the Wal Mart to buy bulk candy, and meeting some friends. I'm just playing it by ear, because that's what I do. All laid back like.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?