<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, September 27, 2012

In Sickness & In Health

Well, I'm sick. No one seems to be sure exactly what it is, but it feels like Carnie Wilson is sitting on my chest. My guess is that an alien is going to burst out of there at any moment, which is frankly one of the cooler ways to go. I saw the doctor today and he threw out a variety of guesses, which I could actually have done all by myself, but he wasn't super definite about anything. The good news about the uncertainty, though, is they're pretty much treating me for everything. I came home with enough pills to host Paula Abdul in my home for a week. And as a result, I already feel a bit better. I even went to the gym tonight, although I used my illness as an excuse to not run particularly fast or far. That's the best of both worlds, really.

I did have to take the day off from work today. I have to say it's really awesome to do that when you can actually take the day off and not just deal with people's irrational calls and emails from home for ten hours. Instead of reading grainy PDFs of people's edits to briefs that will likely never be filed, I actually did things that would help me feel better, like napping, going to the doctor, and watching The Best of Amy Poehler on Saturday Night Live on VH1. Oh, and eating sandwiches. The healing power of sandwiches is well documented.

Now I have to go take a pill that my doctor warned me would "seriously knock me out." Given that a half dose of Nyquil throws me into a two-day coma, this should be interesting.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?