<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, September 02, 2012

Strange Days

I'm sure I've probably said this before, but coming to my parents' house is always sort of like entering into a completely different world. A world where people still read the daily newspaper. (Did you know they still publish Parade Magazine? It's like six pages crayoned out on the back of a paper sack now.) A world where people talk to dogs as though they really might respond. A world where it takes fifteen minutes to get absolutely anywhere. It's actually not a bad little world.

So what have I done so far? Not much. Frankly I spent a good portion of yesterday watching old Square One and Reading Rainbow clips on YouTube. We did go to the gym for a while, where I ran five miles while dodging members of the university women's softball team who were walking laps and gossiping about who threw up what lunch and who got date raped by whom. We also got pizza for a family of four for under $10, so that was good. But my favorite activity had to be our trip to be in the studio audience for the televised mass for shut ins. We got all our church for the week done in half an hour and we only had to creep in the side door of a local television station and make terrifying small talk with elderly members of the Knights of Columbus to do it. Plus, my mug is going to be on channel 7 this morning enjoying a little slice of body of Christ. I'm famous!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?