<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, September 03, 2012

Top Shelf

So my parents got on a kick about giving away some of my old books this weekend. It turns out there were some wonderfully weird items on my shelves, some of which I'm pretty sure aren't even mine. Regardless, I'm sure they'll be the hit of the used book store:

"Anglo-American Feminist Challenges to the Rhetorical Traditions" -- Warning: I may or may not have drawn little hearts all over the Mary Wollstonecraft section.

"Play Production in the High School" -- Because I have produced so many plays in high schools over the years.  My gender-blind Death of a Salesperson was a huge hit.

"Simplifying Set Theory" -- It does seem to need some simplifying, doesn't it?

"Hands-On Ecology" -- The real story on this one is the cover photo, which is a poorly-lit shot of a girl in enormous glasses playing with grass or something.

"If You Lived With the Sioux Indians" -- What I really resent here is the implication that I DIDN'T live with the Sioux Indians.

"Campbell's High School College Quiz Book" -- Shocking lingering evidence of my time in the quiz bowl circuit.

"Jane Eyre" -- Ugh.

"Using The Internet: A Hands-On Guide With Examples" -- I swear to God I've given this book away at least six times. It keeps finding me back. When I get back to Chicago it will be in my bed.

"Tibetan Yoga And Secret Doctrines" -- Spoiler alert! The secret doctrines all have to do with finding your correct bra size.

Sad to see these go, but I'm sure they'll be replaced with equally ridiculous titles any day now.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?