<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, September 09, 2012

Week in Review

Well, the week kind of got away from me there, didn't it? One minute I'm trying to justify the amount of mayo I'm loading onto my sandwich for work on Monday, the next I'm trying to remember what jeans and polo combination I haven't worn yet for casual Friday. And everything in between is sort of a blur of murderers who claim they've found the real killer (it's not just O.J. any more), fitness classes (infighting among the regulars!), and DVRed programming of questionable merit. My life is such a glamorous whirl.

Probably the most exciting part of this week was when we stopped at Cheddar's for dinner on the way back from Quincy. You know that I love me some moderately-priced family chain restaurants. A child tried to shove crushed french fries into my hair as we dined. Our server, Terri, offered us a free baked alaska to make amends. It was the living end.

Perhaps unsurprisingly, the lowlight of the week for me was also food related. I had it all planned out that I would pick up a salad from this place I used to love when I last worked in a place where I actually had time for lunch about seven years ago. Funny thing about that place -- it no longer exists. I blame google for not informing me. I had a long, sad walk back to the office, which improved only marginally when I decided to pick up some Arby's. (curly fries = salad?)

Anyway, this week may be somewhat more interesting, as I am headed to Springfield on Tuesday for work. If things go according to plan, I'll be making out with the Lincoln statuary in no time.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?