<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, October 08, 2012

Hot Times in the City

Very good, very quick trip to New York this weekend. Stayed in Hell's Kitchen in what was actually the tiniest hotel room I've ever seen. It was so small that the bed went pretty much went all the way from one wall to the other one. In fact, if you pushed a button, the bed folded up in half and turned into a couch so you could move about the room during the day. Also, the bathroom wasn't a "room" so much as a glass cubicle with a curtain. But it was perfect for what we wanted, which was to be close to everything but rarely in the room. Also, they had a robot in the lobby instead of a concierge. Of course, I ended up getting in a fight with it, but you know me -- if there's a robot, I'll find a way to fight with it. That's why things ended so badly between me and Small Wonder.

Mainly I wanted to see some friends on this trip, but I also saw some parts of the city I'd never visited before. We checked out the High Line, which is great if you enjoy trees and staring into other people's windows, which of course I do. We went down to the World Trade Center area, which was so covered in people from Oklahoma wearing These Colors Don't Run t-shirts that there was no way we were getting into the actual memorial, but it was interesting just to see. And we went down to the South Seaport, which is sort of like Navy Pier but with an Express store instead of a Ferris Wheel. I think it's safe to say that I learned important lessons about life, love, and man's place in the universe.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?