<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, October 02, 2012

Just Shoot Me

I got my flu shot today. I'm a big believer in flu shots because I don't care for vomiting unless I've had some sort of fun to cause it. Also because I think the government is using them to control our minds, which I'm completely in favor of.

Anyway, my new job gives us flu shots for free, which is somewhat odd given that they now won't even spring for paper towels in the bathrooms, but go figure. As a result, I think, when I got down there the line was about 80 people deep. You would have thought that they were giving away nude pictures of Whoopi Goldberg, and that this was the line to avoid receiving one of those pictures. It ended up being about a half hour of wait, but who minds when you know you're going to get stuck with a giant needle at the end of it?

I was lucky enough to get stuck twice, in fact. I had not learned this in more than a decade of experience with flu shots, but apparently they are subject to "user error." The lady stuck me, felt she had somehow done it wrong, and told me we had to do it again. She actually seemed way more broken up about it than I was, though, so I thought it would be uncharitable to complain. Plus she gave me a Disney band-aid, which more than makes up for just about anything, up to and including genocide.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?