<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Oral Fixation

This morning I had yet another appointment with my oral surgeon. He likes to have me come in about every six weeks so he can berate his nurses in front of me and give me guilt trips about tartar. This morning I had the added attraction of getting a CAT scan, which requires me to crouch in a giant machine behind the receptionist's desk and bite down on a piece of cotton while the nurse chatters at me about the weather. Meanwhile, the extraction was six months ago and I still have a big hole where one of my molars should be.

The good news, though, is that I have now been cleared to get a dental implant in three weeks. (There was some issue about whether I would have enough bone growth to support the implant by then, but today my bone growth was elaborately praised. I accepted all the compliments, as I have been wholeheartedly focused on growing bone.) I was hoping that it would be some sort of bionic tooth that plays smooth jazz and emits occasional puffs of Binaca, but it turns out it's just kind of a regular tooth. It's not even diamond studded.

Apparently the implant procedure is not as difficult as the extraction and I won't even need anaesthesia. Which means no hallucinations or crying, I fear. They told me I may even be able to go back to work the next day. Yay? I'm stocking up on pudding and soup just in case.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?