<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, October 04, 2012

Start Spreading the News

I'm headed to New York for the weekend. It's my first New York trip that's not for work or a wedding in more than seven years, so I'm kind of excited. I think it will be nice to see the city without the fear of being screamed at. (Well, at least not planned screaming, like at a deposition or wedding rehearsal. There's always freelance screaming. But we have that in Chicago, too.) I'll actually be able to enjoy a nice meal somewhere (read: Times Square Olive Garden) because my stomach won't be tied up in knots from stress. And maybe I'll even take in a show. Is Miss Saigon still playing?

Actually, one of the best parts of this trip is that I don't really have an intense agenda for it. The worst part, meanwhile, is the weird flights I've selected. Departing at 8:30 PM on the way there and the way back? What was I thinking? The LaGuardia Sbarro won't even be open. And I'll totally be too tired to watch Revenge when I get back.

But regardless, there will likely be a programming interruption while I'm gone. Not that that's really that notable these days. I suggest you read Maureen Dowd instead while I'm gone; we're basically the same person.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?