<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Telephone Time

It's fascinating working in my new(ish) office, and not just because there's a dead body in almost every case I work on now. My office is on a hallway with about nine other offices and, when people leave their doors open, I can hear every single one of their telephone conversations. As a result, I have learned the following things:

-- One of my coworkers has gout. But that hasn't kept him from leading a full, active life. Just last week he went to see the Batman movie.

-- Another coworker has a cat that she has to bathe with special shampoo twice a week. The shampoo is very difficult to get and requires calls to multiple pet stores all around the nation. Calls that often devolve into shouting or crying.

-- Yet another coworker has a child who continually poops his pants. This is an actual medical condition. Or at least they have found a doctor who claims it is.

-- Two of my coworkers call each other all the time even though their offices are literally next door to one another. No more than two feet apart. They could just talk to each other through the wall.

-- Yet another coworker is a very crusty old man. We're talking Wilford Brimley levels of crust here.

I just thought you all had a right to know. Looking out for your interests, as always.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?