<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

And Now the Giving of Thanks

Made the trip back to Quincy for the holiday today. For some reason the drive took more than six hours (okay, well, there was a rather substantial Chipotle stop involved), but it was still better than last year's Union Station nightmare (which may also have involved Chipotle, as I recall). Doing something weird to my back that caused me to have to lay flat in the middle of the living room for more than an hour upon my arrival was way better than nearly being crushed in a mob of people trying to get on Amtrak. In much the same way that being shot through the head is better than being stabbed to death. You don't really want either, but at least the one doesn't involve strangers sitting next to you and talking endlessly about corn. Although I could actually go for some corn right about now.

It's our first Thanksgiving without my grandmother, which is sad, but we will be going out to the buffet in her honor. I may watch a little Young & the Restless as well. I don't even know if that awful man with the long hair and that lady with the ugly back are on it any more. So there's a definite need to catch up.

I also have some writing to do over the weekend and there is a threat on the table of being made to go see Lincoln. Not the actual Lincoln; that was a field trip in seventh grade. The movie, with craggy Daniel Day Lewis and not fat enough Sally Field. I'm certainly willing to give it a try, although I frankly liked Spielberg movies better back when they were less Important and more full of flying bicycles. Maybe Indiana Jones will show up halfway through?

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?